If you already watch Iron Man 3, you will notice that War Machine Mark 2 did not even appear in the movie and we can only see Iron Patriot. So, when is War Machine Mark 2 actually being created? The story is extracted from the Marvel Wiki;
Tony stripped the War Machine armor of everything that Justin Hammer had “upgraded” it with leaving the suit with no weaponry. When Rhodes pointed this out to Stark, Stark revealed that he had designed a suit specifically for Rhodes, the War Machine 2.0.
Rhodes began using the War Machine armor to take down Ten Rings terrorists in other countries finding that they had acquired Hammer Industries weaponry. War Machine took out the terrorists and continued to investigate the mysterious Ten Rings. By the time of the Chitauri invasion of New York, War Machine was busy fighting terrorists in Asia. Tony contacted him but Rhodes told him that even at supersonic speed it’d take over an hour for him to return so Tony told him not to bother. After dealing with the terrorists in Asia, Rhodes returned to New York, finding the battle already over he located Stark in a Shawarma restaurant where he was introduced to the Avengers.
So, now that we know when it was actually created, it’s time to consider getting this figure. It can be pre-ordered at this link Hot Toys Die Cast Marvel Series – Iron Man 3 War Machine Mark II EXCLUSIVE Limited Edition Sixth Scale Figure – MMS Diecast Series (Hot Toys) at the price of USD 284.99. The figure is expected to be released in Feb 2014.
Check out the details of this figure
The Iron Man 3: War Machine – Mark II Sixth Scale Figurefeatures:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of War Machine Mark II, from Iron Man 3 with metallic black, light grey and silver color scheme
- Helmeted head with light up function
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulation
- Contains diecast material
- Metallic black, light grey and silver armor
- LED-lighted eyes and RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulation, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of open palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) rotatable machine gun
- LED light-up figure stand with War Machine Mark II nameplate and Iron Man 3 logo (white light, battery operated)
- Sideshow Exclusive: Holographic War Machine Mark I accessory