The next company to announce the Iron Man 3 line of figure is Kotobukiya. Kotobukiya have been producing nice Statues and the Mark XLII (42) that they will be producing is yet another statue to be added to your collection. The figure will be available in July 2013.
Extracted from the Kotobukiya FB page; Iron Man Mark 42 stands 15 inches tall (1/6th scale) hovering over the lifelike water effect. This pre-painted, snap-fit ARTFX Statue is easy to assemble so you can have your Iron Man on display in no time. Arriving this summer along with the release of the film, the Mark 42 is just the first Iron Man 3 ARTFX statue from Kotobukiya; there are more to follow!
More photos taken during the International Toy Fair 2013 taken by Cool Toy Review can be viewed here.
More Iron Man 3 figures released by Hot Toys. The latest addition to the collection is known as the Power Pose Series. Another type of collection to be added to our shelf but there are collectors that are not really into this. Might be due to the limitation on the articulation. This particular figure only have an extra leg for us to change to a “flying” position or “standing” position, but the pose of the hand holding up straight is what makes this figure special because with the normal articulated figures by Hot Toys, it is not possible to make this pose on Iron Man.
You can get the figure at only USD 164.99. This figure is expected to be released in Q2 2013. Get it now at Hot Toys Power Pose Series Iron Man Mark XLII Sixth Scale Power Pose Series (Hot Toys)
Power Pose Series
Check out more photos of this prototype;
Mark XLII Power Pose Scale
The 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic likeness of Mark XLII in the movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Metallic red and gold painting on armor
- Special patterns on underarms
- Ball joints on four limbs and wrists for posing
- Two (2) poses performed including the flying mode and battle mode with his iconic repulsor blast action
- One (1) interchangeable right thigh for mode switching
- LED-lighted eyes and RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) left fist
- Figure stand with Mark XLII and the Stark Industries nameplate with transparent pillar
- Suitable for displaying with the Movie Masterpiece & Diorama Series
- Collectible Figures from the Power Pose Series (PPS), Movie Masterpiece Series (MMS) and Diorama Series (DS) can be displayed together, 1:6 Scale
- Button Cell batteries required (included)
- Note: Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
At the beginning of this year, Hot Toys released a photo of some of the projects that is in progress and what we will be expecting throughout the year. Among the collectibles that we seen in the photo snippet, some of them already been revealed and are already available for pre-order.
Hot Toys 2013 Projects
So far, the figure that already been open for pre-order from the snippet above are; the Mark XLII and War Machine 2 Bust, Tony Stark testing Mark XLII and also Iron Man 3 Cosbaby. Next, Hot Toys hinted the next figure from the movie Iron Man 3 will be the Mark XLII PowerPose which we are not really sure what is the feature of this figure. Stay tune for update from HobiPlanet.com.
Iron Man Mark XLII Power Pose